Seeking a position as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor or Therapist in the higher education industry sector or with a mental health counseling organization where I can successfully utilize my unique background, professional experience, counseling education, and proven abilities.
Licensed Associate Professional Counselor (LAPC) (Licensure effective as of June 2016)
National Board for Certified Counselors (NCC) – Current
National Counseling Examination (NCE) for Licensure and Certification (Passed Exam – October 2015)
American Counseling Association (ACA) (Member, 2014 – present)
Licensed Professional Counselor Association of Georgia (LPCA-GA) (Member, 2014 – Present)
American College Counseling Association (ACCA), Georgia Chapter (Member, March 2015 – present)
Question Persuade Refer / Suicide Prevention (QPR) Certified – Current ______________________________________________________________________________________
South University, Savannah, Georgia – College of Health Professions
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling; March 2016
Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Rhode Island
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Photography; June 1999
Professional Counseling Experience
Georgia Southern University Counseling Center, Statesboro, Georgia
Staff Therapist; April 2016 – present
- Perform individual counseling, group counseling, and outreach for a diverse student population.
- Suicide Prevention Coordinator for the campus. QPR certified.
- Military Liaison to Georgia Southern Military and Veteran Student Center
- Counseling Center website and social media content manager
Practicum and Internship
Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), Savannah, Georgia
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Intern; December 2014 – March 2016
- Provide short-term individual, couples, and group counseling, outreach and crisis management.
- Responsibilities include intake assessments, treatment planning, goal facilitating, and disability counseling/academic accommodations for students with diagnoses such as: ADHD/ADD, autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia (and other learning abilities), depression, and additional psychiatric illnesses.
Other Employment Experience
Freelance Photo Editor and Creative Consultant, Savannah, Georgia
Photo Research, Editing, Estimates, Consultation, Production; May 2013 – present
- Titles include Guitar Aficionado, Guitar World, and Revolver Magazine.
- Consults with photographers on portfolios, estimates, and production schedules.
ArtMix Creative, New York, New York
Agent; August 2011 – May 2013
- Represented and managed photographers and directors.
- Handled every aspect of still photo and video shoots; including estimates, bids, contracts, production, post-production, billing.
- Responsible for editing of portfolios of new and existing client-base.
XXL Magazine, New York, New York
Photo Director; October 2009 – August 2011
- Oversaw every aspect of photography for the magazine.
Inked Magazine, New York, New York
Photo Director; December 2008 – October 2009
- Oversaw every aspect of photography for the magazine
Revolver Magazine, New York, New York
Photo Director; March 2004 – December 2008
- Coordinated with photographers, creative directors, and story editors.
- Produced high-quality photo shoots matching with the content and story lines of diverse projects while maintaining a tight budget.
Vibe Magazine, New York, New York
Assistant Photo Editor; March 2002 – March 2004
- Assigned, produced, researched, and edited photographs for front of magazine.
- Worked closely with creative director and editors to meet project deadlines.
HomeStyle Magazine, New York, New York
Assistant Photo Editor; May 2001 – January 2002
- Produced photo shoots for the entire magazine.
- Researched and edited stock photos as needed.
Mark Seliger Photography, New York, New York
Personal Assistant & Production Assistant; May 2000 – May 2001
- Served as chief contact and liaison for Mr. Seliger.
- Assisted photo producer on all shoots.